Tuesday 30 November 2010

Snowed In.

Hello,

I'm snowed in here deep in the Irish countryside during a turbulent week in the history of our great nation and thought what better time to give a little update on what's going on, as trivial as it might be in the greater scheme of things! Between Bailouts and Budgets it's all been pretty heavy stuff here over the last couple of weeks but i was happy to be around to witness it first hand.

I came home to play at the new IMTV awards which took place last wed night in Dublin, I was nominated for an award and performed two songs ('The Heart Won't Be Denied' and 'Waiting') at it also.It was cool to meet some new musicians and bands that i hadn't heard before and i really enjoyed the night.I also got to spend some time with my family which was great.Hopefully I'll be here again early in the new year for some shows,I'll keep you posted.

When I get back to LA I have a couple of film scores to work on for my friends Sebastian Lopez and Pat Hartonian, both incredibly talented directors who I'm delighted to be working with.It's a new area which I'm really enjoying exploring and I'll be updating progress as I go.It's a whole different discipline to songwriting.Pat's new movie 'Protocol' will be finished soon and the Trailer should be released this week.Sebastian's new short movie 'The Killing Joke' is coming together also, It's gonna be scary!

I want to go play in Brazil! Ive been receiving lots of emails from fans down there recently asking me to come and do some shows and I would love to make it happen.If any one has any ideas let me know!
I want to do lots more touring in 2011 so that would be a nice way to start!

It's been a good couple of months with tv syncs as well with my music being used in One Tree Hill,Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy coming up in a couple of weeks I think, I always enjoy seeing how they use the songs in their 'dramatic' story lines!

Anyway, there is plenty of exciting stuff in the pipeline and I'll be letting you know about that in the near future.Pierre Marchand and I are planning on getting together to do some writing in the new year also, so I'm really looking forward to that as well.Not to mention getting to see all my good friends again in Montreal.

I hope this missive finds you well and thank you as always for all your wonderful support, I love to hear from you so feel free to drop me a line any time...

Take care,

Colin x.

4 comments:

Mishara Music said...

Looking forward to good things ahead! Enjoy the snow,
Linda

one woman's diary said...

Are you starring in movie? do i understand right? That'd be great if i see you in movie :)

one woman's diary said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS COLIN

ArtCee said...

Sounds like Seba and Sabrina are coming to the States later this month. They promised a visit to SF so I'm psyched...maybe you can tag a long! LOL!